Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Agarwal Packers -- count everything in a Part Load

Agarwal Packers -- count everything in a Part Load
By: ujwalasam | Jul 14, 2007 09:50 PM


Pros:
Good packing -- nothing broke and delivery was prompt
Cons:
honesty is not a company policy


I recently used Aggarwal packers to move my stuff from Bangalore to Pune. I was pleasantly surprised at the good packing (yes -- it was really careful and safe) and reasonable cost, but my joy was short-lived.
Since we used a Part Load, our stuff was unloaded in Pune before the truck carried someone elses’s things to Mumbai. We were tired and groggy and no one thought of ticking things off on the list as we unloaded, we just kept a count orally as the guys relentlessly unloaded package after package into our tiny flat -- and obviously not correctly since one box containing bedlinen etc. one old but sturdy bookshelf and one skateboard, were not unloaded. When we realised our mistake a day later (and admitted, it was our mistake ) I phoned Mukesh Aggarwal to check with the people in Mumbai if they had our stuff. I was told that these people had ’’gone abroad for a long time’’! How convenient. Of course, I was told this after being berated for not counting ’’each and everything’’ etc. etc. and naturally there was not a whisper of an apology, let alone any offer to do something about the situation. I persisted for a day or two in trying to track my stuff, but gave up then. Either the moving staff or someone in Mumbai is using my bookshelf, sleeping in my quilts and skating around on my son’s skateboard. When we did our shifting abroad, even a shoebox left nehind would be returned, even after a few weeks. Everone keeps saying ’’Oh, you can’t compare!’’ My question is why not?? Isn’t basic honesty part of our Great Indian Culture any longer??I guess we’re just a basically dishonest, ’’grab-what-you can’’ kind of people.

Ujwala

dh_kush said:
Sep 21, 2007 09:01 AM

Bad attitude, they are not ready to accept their mistakes and leaves customers in pain after delivering goods.
[member]
rajex2000 said:
Oct 23, 2007 03:09 PM

Yes...we guys lack basis honesty in India. Its shame on us and the so called great culture is a mere sham

No comments: