Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Agarwal Packers

Absolute no no...
By: kshitijs | May 16, 2007 03:27 PM



Pros:
Could not find any
Cons:
Uncourteous, not punctual


I recently shifted my house from Ganganagar in Bangalore to Indiranagar. Mine is a typical two BHK house with basic furniture - sofa, bed, fridge, tv, washing machine, dining table etc. After talking
to a few movers and packers, I decided to go with Kaiser packers because they were one of the first to send a representative to my house to inspect and give me a quote.

They claim to be an ISO9001 certified company and the first impression was good. I was very particular about the date and time of the move and had told them more than 10 days in advance. The representative agreed and promised that 5 packers would come to my house by 8:30 AM on the day and that entire process would be done by 4:30 PM. Two days before the day of move, I get a call from the representative asking me if we could prepone the move to Friday. I refused.

On the agreed upon day, I get a call that the packers would come at 10:30 instead of 8:30. Finally, after umpteen phone calls, only 3 packers instead of 5 turned up at 12:30 PM and started packing. The material that they brought was not sufficient and a few items could not be packed. They had to be transported just like that. Instead of usual 2 hours, it took 4.5 hours for packing and then 2.5 hours for loading .

During loading, we figured that the truck sent to transport the items was smaller and I had to carry a few things in my car. After reaching the destination, It took another 2 hours for unloading and that too after begging the driver of the truck to help out.

The move finally ended at 11:30 at night and I was left with a h ole in my pocket, a badly hurting back and broken washing machine.

venkatasiva08 said:
May 16, 2007 03:51 PM

I did a move recently from a two bedroom second floor individual house with no lift to a three bedroom first floor house again with no lift and was extremely satified with the mover. I did the packing myself. The moving was taken care of the local truck guy. He did it in 2 hrs flat at the time i requested with no damages done to any of the articles. So don’t believe in ISO and TSO. They are used now by every other company to cheat their clients. If any company has quality dedicated people or products then why do they need ISO or CMM?
[member]
TKMCE said:
May 17, 2007 02:47 PM

My TV , Refrigerator etc etc all raked up quite a few miles road hauling all over south India due to my frequent job transfers. Evething has survived intact in perfect condition despite three long haul moves including one of over 1500. Km. I used Agarwal Packers, one of the biggest players in this business, all three times. No hassles so far of any sort and the best thing is they clear up the mess after unpacking and carts off the unwanted packing materials (whatever you choose to trash - after all you pay for them). leaving the house spick and span.

Expensive - no doubt - but then for me, the peace of mind (not to speak of cost of replacing broken goods due to careless handling) outweighs everything else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


All India home and office relocation services provider. Click below link to know more…
Ppackers and movers Noida
Packers and movers Delhi
Ppackers and movers
Faridabad packers and movers
Ghaziabad packers and movers