Wednesday, September 3, 2008

STARVING STUDENTS MOVING

Starving Students Movers

Starving Students Movers

type business location and detailed complaint





8-10-07

STARVING STUDENTS MOVING

LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA



I have just discovered I have been another Starving Student victim. I

wish I had looked at this site before using them. I have been in contact with

management (Robert Barns and Darrin Dougan). My complaints include over

billing, failure to perform, damage to property, failure to resolve disputes,

code violations and deceptive practices. Intentional and negligent delays to

increase billing, Bait and switch contracts at start of move. Charging more than

the estimate. They also walked out with a box of my personal property and

would not me look at it. they said it was theirs.

On or about 2-20-07 Starving Students perform a move leading to this

complaint. The problems are too numerous to mention here. I see they have had 234

complaints with the Better Business Bureau. The Better Business Burea gave them

an "F" rating " the worst possible rating" and they warn the public about

using them. They also have numerous complaints at complaints.com.

I have correspondence detailing all of the issues. First I was given an

estimate of $2,100.00 for 4 rooms. They ended up billing me $3,900.00. The lead

mover stated he knows how to increase billing and should get a raise. He kept

telling the movers to slow down the move to increase hours. They did this to

make more movers necessary an I had to pay additional charges for the 2nd

truck to get them to the site. One mover was in the bathroom doing drugs and

left his drug paraphernalia there. After over 8 hours on 2 rooms were complete

forcing us to abandon 2 rooms of property. Next the movers pointed out

damage they caused to some of my property. We were also billed more hours than

actual. The movers said they had turned on their gps so we may get over billed.

The company has not been cooperative.



Resolution Sought: Management said the hours and billing would be adjusted

and the property loss would be resolved promptly(this is a common problem

with their movers). 5 months has gone by and the claim is still not resolved. I

respectfully request the billing and hours be adjusted and the personal

property loss be adjusted promptly. They charged $149.00 for property loss

insurance at actual value and said if they pay for the damage they only want to pay

the per pound weight. They declined mediation.



Date Problem Started: 02/20/2007



Date of Transaction: 02/20/2007



Amount in Dispute: In excess of $12500.00



Complaint Type: Gen. Service Issues



Product or Service:



If you have any questions regarding your complaint, please contact the

Complaint Dept. at (909) 825-7280 at The Better Business Bureau,

ripoffreport.com,complaint.com, The US dept. of Transportation. Cal PUC etc.



Thank you, Complaint Dept. BBB of the Southland, Inc.