Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Complaint: Dane County Movers (Madison, WI) USA

Dane County Movers (Madison, WI)

Dane County Movers (Madison, WI)

Sometime in the beginning of May, I contacted Dane County Movers in

Madison, Wisconsin and scheduled a move for Saturday, June 2. I was

told that two employees would arrive at my home on that day between

10:00 and 10:30 am and was given confirmation number C2174127.

On the morning of June 2, the day of the scheduled appointment, no one

showed at my apartment at the aforementioned time. After waiting an

additional thirty minutes, I called the office at 11:00 am and left a

voicemail message relaying the situation. At noon, a full 90 minutes

after the original arrival time and 60 minutes after leaving a

voicemail, I again phoned the office. On this occasion, a gentleman

answered and I explained my situation. He asked for my confirmation

number, which I didn't have at the time (I had inadvertently packed

the information). He then searched with my name and address and

informed me that I was nowhere in his system. I reiterated the fact

that I had made an appointment some weeks ago and that I needed the

service today. He told me that "there was nothing [he] 'could' do" on

that day or the next (Sunday) and that the earliest he could schedule

a move was Monday, June 4. After bantering back and forth, with my

repeating my request for services and his repeating that he "couldn't"

do anything, I finally asked to speak to a manager. At this point, he

informed me that he was a co-partner (Paul?). Incredulous that a

business owner would be so cavalier about such a mistake on the

company's behalf and his unwillingness to rectify the situation, I

asked if he had no intent of accommodating me. He again stated that

he would not move me until Monday. Due to the company's carelessness

or negligence, I asked that I be given a discount when services were

completed, to which he stated, "I NEVER cut my prices. If you're not

going to pay 100%, then I'm canceling your [Monday] appointment right

now."

After finding my confirmation number later in the day, I again called

the business and gave this information. This same gentleman indicated

that my confirmation number was in the "correct format" but was

nowhere in this system. I asked how it was possible to have received

a confirmation number but to not be in the system, to which he could

offer no explanation. I again requested that he send movers that day

or the next. Once again, he refused. At that point, I ended the

conversation. To say that I was shocked is an understatement. I have

never encountered a business owner so blas=E9 over such an egregious

mistake and so unwilling to make accommodations. Fortunately, I was

able to contract another company to complete the move that day. While

it cost me more money, it was certainly worth it. The people were

courteous and professional...

I provided this information as a simple caveat. As the co-partner

himself declared, "We have the cheapest rates in town." Another

example that cheapest is rarely, if ever, best.


--=20

Chris Cione

Email User
From: Message Author (click here to email author)
Date: Tuesday, 05-Jun-07 08:20:05 CDT

Business: Reply Online Consumer: Comment On This
Comment On This

Michael,

I received your messages yesterday (Sunday). There's not much more I can add to what I've already posted. Obviously, the company had put me into a bind due to their unprofessional (and what I view as unethical) behavior with regard to my situation. However, I was able to find a different moving company that very day: Those movers were exceptionally professional and now have a customer for life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


All India home and office relocation services provider. Click below link to know more…
Ppackers and movers Noida
Packers and movers Delhi
Ppackers and movers
Faridabad packers and movers
Ghaziabad packers and movers