Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Complaint: American Van Lines

American Van Lines

Moving
American Van Lines
, FL
US
Americanvanlines.com

My complaint is three fold: 1: We were given a binding estimate and the price was binded on the estimate. Well our moving truck showed that the estimate was over so they are trying to charge us more. I told them about these and they told me there was nothing they could do. 2: The driver told us they would be there on 4-24 between 8-12 AM, they did not show until 8:30 PM. We then had to get a hotel to stay in because of the time they got to our residence. I asked about that, they said they got there between the 24 & 25 so they can't do anything. I told her I did not want them at my house they late (they where there til 11 pm) she said oh well. 3: We called customer service to try to resolve our issues, I know I was upset at the time, but they lady refused to give me her name and left me on hold for 15 mintues. I had to use another phone to call the company to find out her name and why I was still on hold. I spoke with 2 customer service reps and a supervisor and none will give us any explaination to why we are being over charged and why they movers came 12 hours late. I want justice in my contact they states the estimate is binding and justice in the fact the movers where 12 hours late.